The best possible way to reduce risk of abdominal aortic aneurysm is to strengthen the wall of aorta by reducing lipid and plaque accumulations. Lifestyle changes to prevent abdominal aortic aneurysms include:
- Eating a healthy diet. Focus on eating a variety of fruits and vegetables, low-fat dairy products. High-fat diets must be avoided;
- Regular exercise;
- Smoke cessation, if smoke;
- Keeping blood pressure, blood sugar and cholesterol under control;
- Having annual health check-ups;
- Maintaining healthy weight.
If patients exhibit severe and sudden abdominal pain with tearing sensation in the abdomen, abdominal aortic aneurysm might be highly suspected. In such a case, sugery to repair aneurym must be urgently conducted. Our operating room at Bangkok Heart Hospital is an advanced surgical theatre that is well equipped with cardiovascular operating room and cardiac catheterization laboratory. Not only reducing disease severity and complications, but timely and effective treatments also help improving patient’s quality of life. More importantly, abdominal aortic aneurysm can strike younger patients who have family history of aortic aneurysm at anytime, although no warning signs exhibit. To lower the risk of developing the disease, it is highly recommended to have regular health check-ups combined with lifestyle modification.
Opportunity to get money at ufabet